Connecting via VoIP is low-cost and relatively easy to set up.
- Linksys SPA1001 (unlocked)
- User VGPolak reports that the Linksys PAP2T works as well.
- XBAND cartridge
- Cables (network and phone)
- Wired telephone
1. Connect cables
- Connect the SPA to power. A power supply should be included.
- Connect the SPA to your network (typically, modem or router) using a standard network cable.
- Connect the telephone to the SPA. If you have a splitter you can also connect the XBAND.
2. Factory reset the SPA
This is only required if your SPA did not already come reset. You will need a telephone for this.
- Pick up the phone and dial ****
- At the "Sipura Configuration Menu" prompt, dial 73738#
- Press 1 to confirm
- After you hear "Option Successful", hang up
3. Find SPA IP address
- Pick up, dial ****
- At the menu, enter 110#
- Write down the IP address as it is read out to you
4. Configure SPA
- Go to the SPA's IP address in a browser
- At the top right, click "Admin Login", then click "advanced"
- Go to the Provisioning tab
- Replace the contents of the "Profile Rule" box with:
- Click "Submit All Changes" at the bottom of the page
- Wait 10 seconds, then unplug the SPA's power, and plug it back in
- Wait 5 minutes for the config to download to the SPA.
5. Test the SPA config
- Pick up the phone, and make sure you get a dial tone
- Dial 8
- You should hear a brief voice message. If you do, everything is working.
You can now connect via XBAND.